Sunday 1 November 2015

Signing up to Volunteering with East African Playgrounds!

Thanks for taking the time to visit my page.
In June 2016 I will be flying to Uganda with other students, to assist in the building of playgrounds for the school children in a community near the city of Jinja.
Students are responsible for raising funds to purchase the equipment and playground parts that will be used in the build process. (Please understand that I am funding my own travel costs, as I wish that all the funds raised go to the community projects directly).
I will be trekking and canoeing through Uganda to visit the last remaining Silverback Moutain Gorillas, before going to the town of Jinja to build the playgrounds.
East African Playgrounds is a registered charity that aims to enhance the lives of children across Uganda by developing children’s learning opportunities, creativity and environments through building playgrounds and running arts and play sessions. Play is a human right and an activity we tend to take for granted in Western Society, however in less developed countries such as Uganda it’s something that children don’t necessarily have the opportunity to do whilst growing up. Playing is essential for cognitive development and it aids children in learning social, emotional and team building skills. These are things they may not learn in school and so may be otherwise deprived.
I have decided to start writing this blog to keep you up to date on my fundraising and also to show you the difference your donations made in Uganda when I travel there in June!
For anymore informationvisit: http://eastafricanplaygrounds.org/aboutus/
Any donations are welcome and will be very much appreciated by both myself, the chairty and the Ugandan community. My Just Giving page is: https://www.justgiving.com/Ellie-Waterer or you can text donate by texting 'EAPU80 £5' to 70070' (you can donate £1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 10 via text)

Thank you so much to everyone for your kind donations and support xxx

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment